Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Outdoor Bench and Storage

I have to apologize...my next few posts will are going to be about my deck.  I've been trying to "pretty it up" so I'll be sharing my finished projects with you.  Here are a couple of my latest...first of all, I built this outdoor bench to go with my chairs and made some matching cushions.






Next, is storage for the furniture pillows.  My husband built this box out of plywood and it's actual use was supposed to be for kindling for the fireplace. 



However, I kinda scooped it up and decided it would be perfect for pillow storage.  My husband had already painted it grey, but I needed to freshen it up a bit.  I used my new favorite color, which does not have a name because my local Home Hardware did a color match from my fabric swatch to mix the perfect paint color for me.  Anyway, I LOVE the color so you may see, in the future, that I may use this color quite a bit!   Back to the box...I gave it only one coat of paint.  I then made a stencil with the word "Storage".



 I stenciled it on to the lid used the color Sandbar.  Once dry, I gave just the lid and letters a light sanding, allowing a bit of the grey to show through. 






It certainly looks better than it did and now my pillows have a safe, dry place to be stored. 



Just a note...with the way our summer has been going, those pillows will be spending most of their time in storage!

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!
Lesa

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to store your pillows! I love the way the letters looked after a little sanding! Thank you so much for linking up to "It's a Party"!

    ReplyDelete