Tuesday, December 1, 2015

A Faux Fireplace

My husband was kind enough to build me this fireplace last week before he headed back to work for two weeks. 


During his short and busy time at home he managed to build the fireplace and "plank" the wall in our small dining area. 


 I love the planked wall and I am absolutely thrilled with the fireplace.  He has a couple of finishing touches he needs to add to the firplace which includes adding crown moulding to the mantel and to planking where it meets the roof. He simply ran out of time so will finish it when he gets home.
But, in the meantime, I applied a couple of coats of paint from Home Depot called "Clean Canvas" and then decorated for Christmas.  Here are the finished results...







Here is the planked wall...




My entryway...





Livingroom...




Kitchen...



Thank you for stopping by and from my house to yours..


Lesa


















10 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful! Your husband's work is so nice, you are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did to the fireplace. The lights in the logs are great too. And the stars..are they made out of clothespins? Love em and your home is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopped over from Funky Junk. Your fireplace is gorgeous! The room is so warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made some beautiful improvements in the fireplace and planked wall. Both add a lot of charm and style to your home. I wish I had a fireplace in my house, you may have just inspired me to build one!

    Thanks for sharing--Melissa @ Welcome to the Woods

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful home...millie from... http//frugaliciouschick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful home...millie from... http//frugaliciouschick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your DIY fireplace and planked wall are terrific - what a talented hubby you have! I really enjoyed the tour of your home decorated for Christmas as well - I like your style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No post since February, or is it lost somewhere???

    ReplyDelete