The process was simple...I gave it a good sanding with 100 grit and then 220 grit sandpaper. Then I applied two coats of Sand Bar paint. (no priming). Once it was dry, I sanded some more to remove all my hard work of painting! I then gave it an antique look by rubbing dark walnut danish oil over the entire surface. To darken the edges, I rubbed in a bit of burnt umber oil paint. (this is a tube of paint used by artists)
I decided not to reuse the glass in the doors and opted for chicken wire, which I sprayed with Krylon's Oil Rubbed Bronze. Also, the white knobs were too white for the finished look, so I also gave them a coat of Oil Rubbed Bronze.
I think it gave the cabinet a whole new look.
Thank you for stopping by. Have great week!