a wood bucket that had a coat of white paint on it. It originally had a wire handle, but it went missing so I "manufactured" a pine handle and secured it to the bucket with nails.
I gave it a quick sanding and then gave it a basecoat of "Raspberry" by DecoArt. This doesn't have to be perfect because it's just the base color.
Once dry, I applied my favorite creamy white paint, Sand Bar, to the surface using an old stiff-bristled brush. I dry-brushed the paint onto the bucket going in one direction and then the other direction. Just continue doing this until you get the coverage you desire.
I gave it another light sanding to rough it up a bit and then I antiqued it using Medium Walnut Danish Oil.
Next, I cut three pieces of scrapbook paper, 2" wide. I antiqued the paper with the same danish oil and let the paper dry. Using modge podge, I secured the paper to the bucket.
For the trim, I used macrame jute. The natural color wasn't going to work, so I mixed equal parts of water and Sand Bar paint in a paint tray. Then I soaked the jute in this mixture. I placed the jute outside on a piece of kraft paper to dry in the sun. Some of the natural jute color will show through, however, I think it adds to the antiqued look of the bucket.
Once everything was dry, I hot glued the jute to the bucket, adding two rows of jute to the top and bottom. I made two flowers (supposed to be flowers) with the remaining jute and hot glued them to the front of the bucket. I added buttons to the flower centers to add a bit of detail. That's it!
|Here's what it looks like without the flowers.|
I have NOTHING pink in my house, so I'll be selling my little bucket at "Girly Junk Restyled's" first sale in July.
I hope you have a great week and, thank you, for stopping by!!