Saturday, May 4, 2013

Apartment Living

As some of you may know, my husband and I moved from our home in British Columbia to Alberta.  At the moment, we are renting an apartment...however, this is only a temporary arrangement for the next four months.   The apartment is only 825 square feet, but has everything we need to be comfortable.  Two bedrooms, one bathroom, open kitchen and living space and a laundry room.  I am very thankful for the laundry room, as I can't imagine having to run up and down stairs sharing laundry facilities with other apartment dwellers. 

Anyway, I thought I would share a few pictures of our little place with you.  Keep in mind...it is small and I am not allowed to paint or change the existing decor. 


There is my last project...the Ikea pine chest makeover. 
 
 
 

This table is from "Ana White" which I built for our living room in our other home.  Works well against this small wall in the kitchen and provides counter space for my pottery canister set.

We bought this pub-style table and stool set for $100.00.  Not something I would choose for my home, but it works well in our tiny space.

Here is the kitchen island from my other house.  Before we moved, I added castors to the bottom of it to make is more portable for the new space.  I have such little counter space, so I am glad I brought my island!  Great prep and storage space!!


The cupboard doors were missing when we moved in so I made a burlap curtain to hide my pots and pans.

Here are the shelves my husband built for the other house.  And, you may recognize some the the accessories from older posts.
 
 
So there you have it...the beginnings of our temporary home aka apartment living.  Thank you for stopping by...hope your weekend is a great one!
 
Lesa
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. You have made such a small space really lovely and homely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your apartment is adorable. So pretty! It doesn't "look" temporary. It looks very "Home Sweet Home" I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. You have it decorated so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done such a good job making that apartment look like so much more than it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, wondering how you installed the curtain to the corner cupboard? Needing to do the same and not quite sure what bracket or rod to us?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I also am in need of putting up a curtain for my corner cabinet. It is shaped exactly as yours. I purchased curtain cord but am trying to figure out how to hang it so the curtain still opens. Do you slide the curtains open or just lift them? Thanks so much for your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your post! Great ideas. Can you tel us how you attached the curtain for the corner cabinet. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete