Sunday, May 19, 2013

Canvas Chalkboard and Seagrass Basket Organizer

We don't have much space in our tiny apartment so I thought this idea might help in keeping pens, paper and other junk from collecting on our "already limited" counterspace. 


It was simple and cheap to put together and the pictures are pretty self-explanatory.   I bought the canvas from Michaels for $24.00.  It measures 30" x 48".  I wanted a large canvas to cover all of the existing holes left by the former tenant.  I bought the cafe rod from Walmart for $10.00 together with the curtain rings. 


And, I found the seagrass baskets at London Drugs...regularly 5.99 each - on for .99.  I had the chalkboard paint.

 
To give the chalkboard a bit more interest (for the pictures) I re-created this design from a similar picture on the internet.  As you can see, I simply free-handed the artwork/lettering so don't judge my artistic abilities.
 
 
 
 
Thank you for stopping by...have a great week!
 
Lesa
 
 


12 comments:

  1. That chalkboard canvas organizer is ADORABLE!!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chalboard canvas organizer is beautiful. Love it, pinned it, want it! Hee-hee I liked how you combined the seagrass baskets with the chalkboard canvas.

    Doreen
    http:/altered-artworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute set-up! Would love to have you come link this up to my party and follow along. http://alivedinhome.blogspot.com/2013/05/get-social-sunday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could never write on my chalkboard with such flare. This is amazing. And the curtain-rod with baskets is the perfect addition. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your art work is great! Great idea even if you don't have holes in the wall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love it! I am new from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and hopefully follow me back! Have a great day, Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really great! I LOVE the idea of a canvas chalkboard and yours looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Hopped over from Cottage Charm...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing! I really love it and you silly girl, your chalkboard lettering is pretty darn good! Just found you and am happy to become a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks fabulous! Your artwork is terrific, and I love those little hanging baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice blog. All the images of this blog is really very nice & attractive.
    Philadelphia Moving Company

    ReplyDelete

  11. Its a nice blog we are also provide the quran in mp3 format thank you so much for blogging keep sharing...
    mp3 quran

    ReplyDelete