Thursday, February 21, 2013

"Welcome" Sampler

I was somewhat overwhelmed by the emails I received asking if I would consider making and selling my rustic number samplers.  Then I had a request to make a "welcome" sign in the same style so here it is...



I followed the same process as my number sampler...drawing out a pattern, tracing onto various types and thicknesses of wood, cutting out the letters with my scroll saw, sanding, painting and staining the wood and the cut-out letters. I cut the "W" from metal and attached it to the wood background using rivots and the letter "C" is a chalkboard.  I thought it might be fun to incorporate a chalkboard since they are so popular right now.



I made a frame using more weathered lumber and attached it to a 1/4" plywood background using an air nailer.  I then inserted the letter pieces, like a jigsaw puzzle, inside the frame using wood glue to secure to the plywood.



I attached picture hanger hardware to the back.  That is it.  Now I have to figure out how I'm going to wrap and ship it AND I hope she likes it!



Thank you to everyone who has left such nice comments and thank you for visiting!  Have a great day.

Lesa 

15 comments:

  1. This one is so amazing too! You seriously have SOOOO much talent....

    I'm just lucky you let me visit your blog!

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!! You have a wonderful imagination!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative! Great job! You could see these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It takes true artistic skill to lay out typography in a very pleasing way. This is another great piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So awesome! Do you cut the metal with the jigsaw?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO cool! I absolutely LOVE everything about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a STAR today over at I Gotta Create! I'm featuring you and your fabulous sampler. http://igottacreate.blogspot.com/2013/02/12-funky-and-elegant-projects.html

    Thank you so much for linking up at the Wildly Original link party!

    See you at the party tonight,
    <3 Christina @ I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're awesome! It looks so rustically fantastic! Thank you for sharing at Rustic Restorations Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the different elements you used to make each letter different, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How do u find out what this cost?

    ReplyDelete